Jurien Bay Photography Weekend 2021
June 5th - 7th SOLD OUT
July 9th - 11th TWO PLACES REMAINING
Introducing the 3 day, 2 night photography getaway to Jurien Bay.
Over the weekend we'll be visiting the world famous Pinnacles Desert and the Cervantes sand dunes. Here, otherworldly landscapes are waiting to be captured by your camera! With multiple visits to both of these locations you are sure to come away with some stunning imagery.
Located just 2 hours North of Perth, this is the perfect short getaway for photographers.
This small group workshop is aimed at beginner - intermediate photographers. As there is a maximum of 5 participants, you are guaranteed to have plenty of individual guidance.
This 3 day workshop is set to have a strong focus on Astrophotography. I'll be walking each and every participant through the entire process of capturing the night sky using a digital camera.
- 3 unique photography locations
- 2 on location astrophotography shoots
- 2 on location sunset photography shoots
- 2 on location sunrise photography shoots
- 2 post processing sessions
What will I learn?
- Setting up your camera for landscape photography: Learn which camera gear is necessary to capture your desired images.
- Photography fundamentals: How to shoot using manual mode & understanding aperture, ISO, shutter speed, and white balance.
- Composition techniques: Create captivating images that stand out from the rest in a positive way.
- Planning: Learn to plan your photography for the best results. This includes using natural light effectively and using apps to predict ideal conditions for each shoot.
- Astrophotography specifics: How to photograph the night sky with digital camera. Ideal settings, manual focus, light painting.
- Exposure blending: Using on location practical techniques, followed by adobe post processing. This is an invaluable technique to learn for landscape photographers when photographing sunset/sunrises & for astrophotography.
- Post processing: Editing images from start to finish using Adobe lightroom &/or Photoshop.
Strictly limited to 5 participants! See full itinerary below.
Subject to change due to unpredictable weather conditions.
What to bring:
For this workshop, you'll need to have your own transport to and from all of the destinations. Extra care should be taken when driving on these roads, especially at dusk/dawn as there can be a lot of wildlife.
Accommodation is provided! I have reserved a 3 bedroom, 5 bed house in Jurien Bay for our stay. This is where the post processing will be held.
You will need to provide all of your own food throughout the workshop dates - I have planned the three days so we are out shooting in the best possible light for landscape photography, whilst allowing time in between to eat & freshen up.
We'll be doing a small amount of walking to get to our photography destinations on some of the days so please come prepared and wear closed in shoes.
It can become very cold and windy here in Winter time, please bring warm clothing, including a jacket, beanie, gloves just in-case!
Recommended Photography Equipment
Photography equipment is NOT supplied. At a minimum, you need your own camera, tripod, lens(es), memory cards (with plenty of space), and batteries (fully charged).
If I could only choose one lens to bring with me on this trip, It would be a24-70mm f/2.8 I would also recommend a 14-24mm for full frame users, and a 10-24mm for crop sensor users. Lenses that can open up to an aperture of f/2.8 or wider are highly desirable for astrophotography.
A good, sturdy tripod is highly recommended. You'll want one that allows full control of the leg angle, as this can be critical for setting up on uneven ground and getting the camera nice and low. I recommend that you have a ball head attached to the tripod also, as this will allow you to easily level your camera once set up.
The workshop price is $750 and there are is a maximum of 5 participants.
We will proceed regardless of weather conditions, with the exception of a severe & dangerous weather forecast.
Please ensure you can attend the workshop prior to booking, as I can not offer a refund if you change your mind. We do need at least 3 participants booked before May 30th to proceed - in the even that the minimum requirement is not met, a full refund will be provided.
Please fill out this form to accompany your booking: Jurien Bay Booking Form