Jurien Bay Photography Workshop October 2022
October 20th - October 22nd
3 day photography getaway to Cervantes
Over the workshop we'll be visiting the world famous Pinnacles Desert and the Cervantes sand dunes. Here, otherworldly landscapes are waiting to be captured by your camera! With 5 hour visits to both of these locations you are sure to come away with some stunning imagery.
Located just 2 hours North of Perth, this is the perfect short getaway for photographers.
This small group workshop is aimed at beginner - intermediate photographers. As there is a maximum of 6 participants, so you are guaranteed to have plenty of individual guidance.
This 3 day workshop is set to have a strong focus on Astrophotography, but as the weather is unpredictable I can not guarantee clear skies for this and that is why we have other shoots to ensure a great landscape photography trip.
I'll be walking each and every participant through the entire process of capturing the night sky using a digital camera regardless of good or bad conditions.
- 4 unique photography locations
- 2 on location astrophotography shoots (weather dependant)
- 2 on location sunset photography shoots
- 2 on location sunrise photography shoots
- Post Processing video tutorials
- Wide Angle Astrophotography PDF guide.
What will I learn?
- Setting up your camera for landscape photography: Learn which camera gear is necessary to capture your desired images.
- Photography fundamentals: How to shoot using manual mode & understanding aperture, ISO, shutter speed, and white balance.
- Composition techniques: Create captivating images that stand out from the rest in a positive way.
- Planning: Learn to plan your photography for the best results. This includes using natural light effectively and using apps to predict ideal conditions for each shoot.
- Astrophotography specifics: How to photograph the night sky with digital camera. Ideal settings, manual focus, light painting.
- Exposure blending: Using on location practical techniques, followed by adobe post processing. This is an invaluable technique to learn for landscape photographers when photographing sunset/sunrises & for astrophotography.
- Post processing: Editing images from start to finish using Adobe lightroom &/or Photoshop. This is provided within the Wide Angle Astrophotography Bundle which is included as part of the workshop.
Strictly limited to 6 participants!
What to bring:
We'll be doing a small amount of walking to get to our photography destinations on some of the days so please come prepared and wear closed in shoes.
It can become very cold and windy here at this time of year, please bring warm clothing, including a jacket, beanie, gloves just in-case!
Recommended Photography Equipment
Photography equipment is NOT supplied. At a minimum, you need your own camera, tripod, lens(es), memory cards (with plenty of space), and batteries (fully charged).
If I could only choose one lens to bring with me on this trip, It would be a 24-70mm f/2.8 I would also recommend a 14-24mm for full frame users, and a 10-24mm for crop sensor users. Lenses that can open up to an aperture of f/2.8 or wider are highly desirable for astrophotography.
A good, sturdy tripod is highly recommended. You'll want one that allows full control of the leg angle, as this can be critical for setting up on uneven ground and getting the camera nice and low. I recommend that you have a ball head attached to the tripod also, as this will allow you to easily level your camera once set up.
The workshop price is $750pp and there are is a maximum of 6 participants.
We will proceed regardless of weather conditions, with the exception of a severe & dangerous weather forecast.
Please ensure you can attend the workshop prior to booking, as we can not offer a refund if you change your mind or need to cancel. We do need at least 4 participants booked to proceed - in the even that the minimum requirement is not met, or If the event is cancelled due to COVID or for any reason by decision of the organisers, a refund is provided less any expenses incurred
By booking a space in this workshop, you are agreeing to comply with all of the Workshop Terms & Conditions
Please fill out this form to accompany your booking: Jurien Bay Booking Form
Bank Transfer is the preferred method of payment, PayPal is accepted too with a 2.6% surcharge. A 20% retainer fee is sufficient to secure your place, with the full amount due 20/09/22, please contact us for this.
Please transfer the funds to - BSB: 016341 - Acc: 472815742 and notify us when complete,
Terms & Conditions
Please ensure that you have read and agree to the workshop terms and conditions prior to booking.