Noble Falls Landscape Photography Workshop
Sunday, October 30th. 3:45PM - 6:45PM
$220pp - Maximum of 5 participants. BOOK HERE
Noble Falls is located just 45 minutes from the Perth CBD, it is one of the most photogenic waterfalls of the Perth Hills, and also, thanks to a large catchment area it will flow for majority of the year.
This is a practical photography class consisting of an on location shoot at sunset, where our focus will be capturing Noble Falls in stunning afternoon light. I will coach you through choosing the right settings with your camera in manual mode, teach you to nail your focus every time, and show the benefits/effects of a few lens filters.
In addition to the on location shoot, I will also be sending out a video demonstration on how to get the most out of your images using Adobe Lightroom &/or Photoshop. This will be available to reference at any time after the workshop.
What will I learn?
- Setting up your camera for landscape photography: Learn which camera gear is necessary to capture your desired images.
- Photography fundamentals: How to shoot using manual mode & understanding aperture, ISO, shutter speed, and white balance.
- Composition techniques: Create captivating images that stand out from the rest in a positive way.
- Planning: Learn to plan your photography for the best results. This includes using natural light effectively.
- Exposure blending: Using on location practical techniques, followed by adobe post processing. This is an invaluable technique to learn for landscape photographers when photographing sunset sunrises (dependant on participant experience).
- Post processing tutorial: Editing images from start to finish using Adobe lightroom &/or Photoshop.
Strictly limited to 5 participants!
What to bring:
For this workshop, you'll need to have your own transport to and from all of the destinations. Extra care should be taken when driving on these roads at dusk/dawn as wildlife may be present.
Please bring any food/water that you may need.
We'll be doing a small amount of walking (200m) to get to our photography destination from the Noble Falls Carpark, so please come prepared and wear closed in shoes. The water at Noble Falls can be extremely cold in Spring, the ground may be uneven and slippery so please take caution.
Recommended Photography Equipment
Photography equipment is NOT supplied apart for some demo NiSi filters to use. At a minimum, you need your own camera, tripod, lens(es), memory cards (with plenty of space), and batteries (fully charged).
I recommend lenses with a focal length of 24-70mm and 14-24mm. Polarising filters are a great addition to any landscape photographers kit, they reduce glare and enhance the colours in a scene. If you don't have a polarising filter and would like to purchase on prior to the workshop, please contact me and I will find the right one for you.
A good, sturdy tripod is highly recommended. You'll want one that allows full control of the leg angle, as this can be critical for setting up on uneven ground and getting the camera nice and low. I recommend that you have a ball head attached to the tripod also, as this will allow you to easily level your camera once set up. If you would like assistance in choosing the right tripod for you, contact me and I will be happy to assist.
The workshop price is $220 and there are is a maximum of 5 participants.
We will proceed regardless of weather conditions, with the exception of consistent - heavy rain, or a severe & dangerous weather forecast.
Please ensure you can attend the workshop prior to booking, as I can not offer a refund if you change your mind. We do need at least 3 participants booked prior to the workshop - in the even that the minimum requirement is not met, you will be offered to pay an additional fee to proceed, or a full refund will be provided.
Please fill out this form to accompany your booking: Noble Falls Booking Form