Photography Post Processing Course
A three part post processing workshop teaching Adobe Lightroom & Photoshop for photo editing.
Dates: Sunday 20th Nov - Sunday 27th Nov - Sunday 4th Dec
Venue: Kalamunda Zig Zag Centre
Fees: $325pp, Places limited! Book Here.
Suitable for beginner and intermediate users. In this three part post processing workshop we will be learning Adobe Lightroom and starting the journey of mastering Photoshop for photographers. We have one 2.5 hour class a week from 10:00AM - 1:00PM along with take home information which will help you to absorb the teachings between sessions and reference at any point in the future.
These practical, in person classes will be based around nature photography disciplines but much of the information shared is transferable between different genres. We will be doing "follow along" style classes to ensure that nobody gets left behind throughout the course.
All sessions will be held at the Kalamunda Zig Zag Centre in the Perth Hills.
Session One, An Introduction To Adobe Lightroom - 20th November
In the first workshop we will be starting out with the very basics of Adobe Lightroom as if you are a first time user, however participants who have used this software before shouldn't be discouraged as there is always something new to learn for everybody.
- Shooting techniques to prepare for better post processing opportunities
- File management
- Adobe Lightroom overview
- Importing and exporting images from Lightroom
- Locating missing files
- Basic photo editing (changing colour & contrast, sharpening, make your images stand out!)
- Watermarking images
Session Two, Advanced Lightroom Editing - 27th November
In session two we will take our images to the next level by stitching multiple images to create a panorama, or a HDR (high dynamic range) photograph. We'll cover selective adjustment techniques, and learn how to get the most out of this software.
- Stitching multiple images for a wider field of view or to create a panoramic photo
- HDR (High Dynamic Range) shooting technique and Lightroom post processing
- Make selective adjustments using the masking tools available in Lightroom.
- Object removal in Lightroom
Session Three, An Introduction To Photoshop - 4th December
In our third and final week we will be leaving Lightroom behind and focusing on Adobe Photoshop for our editing. Photoshop can be an overwhelming piece of software for many people as they first open it up because there is so much that it can do, however many of the features won't be relevant to us. I am going to be guiding each participant through photoshop and showing some useful tools within the program to elevate your photography in a way that Lightroom cannot.
- An overview of Adobe Photoshop. This includes opening a new project, saving files, and exporting final images
- Tools that are relevant for photographers
- Layers explained
- Adobe Camera Raw processing
- Stitching panoramic images in Photoshop
- Object removal in photoshop
- An introduction to adjustment layers & layer masking
Requirements & what to bring:
To partake in this 3 part photography course you require your own laptop computer, it must have installed up to date versions of, and be capable of running Adobe Lightroom & Photoshop.
If you are a first time user I recommend opening up the software and making sure there are no issues with your computer prior to the course, as we may not have time to troubleshoot in class if you are having technical difficulties.
What to bring:
- Laptop computer with Adobe Lightroom & Photoshop installed
- Charging cable for laptop (we do have access to power at our venue)
- Something to write notes with if necessary
- Download class files (which will be sent out a few days prior to each workshop) onto computer prior to each session
The workshop price is $325 for all three sessions, with a limited number of guests.
Please ensure you can attend the workshop prior to booking, as we can not offer a refund if you change your mind or need to cancel. We do need at least 3 participants booked before November 14th to proceed - in the even that the minimum requirement is not met, a full refund will be provided.
If the event is cancelled due to COVID or for any reason by decision of the organisers, a refund is provided less any expenses incurred
By booking a space in this workshop, you are agreeing to comply with all of the Workshop Terms & Conditions